Phone for USA & Canada: 877-711-1777
Phone for International: 1+971-501-2300
0Student | Business | Home
1. Definition of Terms
As used in this warranty policy, Product or Merchandise means any hardware manufactured for or by NewDream, Inc. dba zTecpc, herein known as zTecpc that is purchased directly from zTecpc.com.
The Manufacturer is Microstar International USA (MSI), bearing the MSI trademark, trade name, or logo.
The System Integrator is zTecpc.
An End User is the ultimate consumer of the Product or Merchandise and constitutes anyone who owns and uses an MSI Product.
2. MSI Warranty
The standard parts and labor warranty for gaming series laptops is covered for a period of 1 Year from the date of shipment of merchandise or 3 Years for workstation series laptops from the date of shipment of merchandise and may be claimed through either MSI or zTecpc. Any upgraded or changed components installed by zTecpc will match the manufacturer's warranty period. Any upgraded or changed components installed by zTecpc will NOT void the manufacturer's warranty. However, claims for parts installed by zTecpc must be claimed from zTecpc. Faults that have been determined to be caused by a manufacturer installed core component, such as but not limited to the VGA card, motherboard, original CPU, speakers, hinges, original display panel, etc, may still be claimed under the manufacturer's warranty through the manufacturer without zTecpc acting as the intermediary party.
Below is information on the core MSI warranty:
Third party software is warranted separately by their respective manufacturers.
4. MSI “No Oops” Accidental Damage Protection
MSI includes 1 year of accidental damage protection, marketed as “No Oops” by MSI. Product registration through MSI within 30 days of shipment of merchandise is required. Accidental damage is defined as damage to the merchandise caused by misuse, including but not limited to, drops of either the computer itself, or something is dropped onto the computer, or liquid spill damage. One (1) accidental damage claim may be made for the life of the product. An extension of accidental damage protection is NOT offered. Below is the registration link for MSI “No Oops” accidental damage protection:
"No Oops" Accidental Damage Protection
Accidental damage protection is offered through the U.S. division of MSI and is NOT valid through MSI in other regions. End users located outside of the U.S. may claim accidental damage through zTecpc.
5. Extended Service Plans
zTecpc offers extended service plans for an additional charge. Extended service plans may be purchased separately within 30 calendar days of ship date. An extension of accidental damage protection is NOT offered.
Consumables, such as but not limited to, the lithium ion battery or AC power adapter provided with the Product, are covered for a period of 6 Months from date of invoice. The Warranty for Consumables is separate from the main Product Warranty and cannot be extended.
7. MSI Global Warranty
MSI includes a standard 1 year global warranty that is valid worldwide wherever a similar product is supported. Manufacturer’s warranty support for the MSI global warranty will be limited to the manufacturer installed core components such as but not limited to the VGA card, motherboard, original CPU, speakers, hinges, original display panel, power jack, etc. Any issues with upgraded or changed components installed by zTecpc must be claimed through zTecpc.
Below is a list of countries where the MSI global warranty is valid:
MSI Global Warranty Countries List
8. zTecpc Display Warranty
For an additional charge zTecpc offers a display warranty independent from the manufacturer’s standard warranty. Display warranties may only be claimed through zTecpc.
Pixel defects are defined as lit or stuck sub-pixels, or a pixel that will not light up, within the viewable area of the display. zTecpc will carefully check for pixel defects prior to dispatching the product to the End User. If the End User discovers a pixel defect during the warranty period, the End User is entitled to make a claim with zTecpc. zTecpc will, at its discretion, choose either to replace the display panel and/or its relevant components, or replace the system in its entirety.
The zTecpc display warranty may be claimed in combination with the terms of the standard warranty (2 way free domestic ground shipping).
9. Warranty Claim Procedure
Provided the end user delivers the defective product to zTecpc by the expiration of the limited warranty period, the standard warranty claim procedure involves:
1) Contacting the manufacturer by phone or email; or zTecpc by email or phone for initial remote troubleshooting, which may involve, but is not limited to, performing basic troubleshooting steps with a live support agent, your illustration of the issue through a submitted or linked to video. live remote access or control by support agent to end user’s system through a support application/utility with end user’s written or verbal authorization.
2) After all remote troubleshooting steps and procedures have been exhausted, the end user may be asked to send the product to the manufacturer or zTecpc for diagnosis. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be assigned prior to shipping your defective product. Once assigned, the RMA number is valid for a period of 10 business days and must be returned to zTecpc within the validity period. zTecpc or the manufacturer will provide complimentary two way ground shipping through UPS Ground or equivalent for Continental U.S. based end users, thereby excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. possessions and territories, and military address users. An expedited return shipping method may be chosen for an additional charge. End Users located in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. possessions and territories, and military addresses may ship the product to the manufacturer or zTecpc at their cost or purchase a shipping label from zTecpc. If the problem has been pinpointed to a certain component (through remote troubleshooting), and zTecpc and End User deem it sufficiently safe for the end user to perform their own work, the End User will be given an option for a self repair via core exchange (exchange of working parts for non-working/DOA parts). Core exchanges require a deposit equal to the value of the replacement components in the form of a credit card authorization, refundable PayPal or Amazon payment, or equivalent.
3) At their discretion, zTecpc and/or the manufacturer, will repair or replace the faulty component; or replace the entire product. zTecpc will have no liability for loss or recovery of data or programs. End users should backup their data or request zTecpc to attempt data recovery prior to shipping the product to zTecpc.
10. Lifetime Free Technical Support
zTecpc will provide technical advice and assistance to the End User for the product by email, live chat, or phone for as long as an End User continues to possess the product. Third party software and peripherals are not covered by this Lifetime Free Technical Support.
11. Limited Warranty Obligations are Limited to the Terms Set Forth Below:
The warranty and remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all others, whether oral or written, express, or implied. zTecpc specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty.
zTecpc is not responsible for special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty, or under and other legal theory, including but not limited to lost profits, downtime, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, and any costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data stored in or used with products sold or manufactured by zTecpc.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
12. Governing Law
This limited warranty policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. Any litigation under this agreement shall be resolved in the trial courts of Washington County, Oregon, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction on this matter.